(Minnesota) On Oct. 16th, a 66-year-old woman, Mai Lee, and her husband Moon Lee were found dead in their cabin off Highway 18 in Mille Lacs County.

According to the Mille Lacs County Sheriff’s Office, the couple’s son arrived at the family property and found his parents deceased. Isle Fire Department was called to the scene and detected the presence of dangerous levels of carbon monoxide inside the cabin.

After investigating, the Mille Lacs County Sheriff’s Office reported that the couple have been using a small charcoal stove in the cabin. The Mille Lacs County Sheriff’s also reported that the cabin didn’t have proper ventilation and wasn’t equipped with a carbon monoxide detector.

What is carbon monoxide? According to the CDC, “Carbon monoxide or CO is an odorless gas that can kill you.” Individuals who are exposed to carbon monoxide while sleeping can die from it before having any symptoms.

Image: CDC

(Important: If you like the story, please help share it with others. We will greatly appreciate it.)

Want to share your story? Email your story to [email protected]. You can remain anonymous.

Please report any errors and typos by emailing [email protected]

Leave a Reply